Architecture of South Beach and Beyond
Yes, Miami Beach has the largest Art Deco collection in the world, but Miami has so much more for architecture lovers. Spanish Revival, Cracker houses, Bahamian homes, MIMO Miami Modern.
I can’t do a better job than MDPL does every morning at 10:30 at 10th and Ocean Drive. But they only cover 2-3 blocks. Let me show you all 5 zones of South Beach. I am a long time South Beach resident! Then on to Miami where the variety of architectural styles expands.
I am especially good at the hidden gems of Coral Gables and Coconut Grove, as well as the nooks and crannies in Northeast Miami: Morningside and Miami Shores. I can find the Pink House without GPS.
Miami also has excellent collections of art. Art sites include:
De la Cruz Collection
Rubell Family Collection
Many other galleries and collections
My favorite architectural sites are:
- 1111 Lincoln Road
- Millionaires Row
- Perez Art Museum
- Freedom Tower
- Biltmore Hotel and much of Coral Gables
- El Jardin
- 8 international villages of Coral Gables
- Twisted Sisters in Coconut Grove
- Bacardi Building
- Buena Vista on up to the gentrifying Upper Eastside. Nobody knows this neighborhood better!
- Miami Shores for Spanish Mediterranean and the Pink House